- “But the heaviest things, I think, are the secrets. They can drown you if you let them.”
- “Sometimes people run… to see if you’ll come after them.”
- “Did you hear that? I’m special.”
- “I thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don’t dare let out.”
- “Hiding is for amateurs.”
- “‘You know,’ I whispered, ‘some girls might think it’s creepy having a boy watch them sleep.’
- “‘Listen to me.’ He grabbed my arms, holding me there. ‘I couldn’t find you. And I will never forgive myself for that. Ever.'”
- “To learn her skills. Honor her sword. Keep her secrets.”
- “And Zach was taking his jacket off and draping it around my shoulders, which (according to Liz, who double checked with Macey) is the single-sexiest thing a guy can do.”
- “I could have lied. I could have fought. But desperate times call for desperate measures, so I took a chance and called upon a Gallagher Girl’s weapon of last resort. I flirted.”
- “‘I’m not crazy,’ I whispered.
Believe it or not, that’s the most romantic thing Zachary Goode ever told me.
And I kind of loved him for it.”
12. “Hey, Macey, sorry to drop in but Cammie just had to be alone with me. You know how she gets.”
That’s it. I hope you enjoyed!